Scheduling a Ribbon Cutting
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are the perfect way to celebrate a:
Grand Opening - Expansion - New Location - Rebranding - or Significant Anniversary
At the Sullivan County Chamber of Commerce we are happy to help you coordinate your Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. Please keep the following in mind:
- Time: The best time to schedule a Ribbon Cutting is Tuesday through Friday 10 am to 4 pm. This ensures that someone at the Chamber, as well as County/town/village officials can attend. We don’t see a solid turnout for night time or weekend events due to other professional/personal commitments.
- Cost: Ribbon cuttings are free for Chamber members. **For new members to take advantage of this service, membership dues must be received before planning a ribbon cutting or publicizing an event. **
- Coordinating with the County/Town/Village/Hamlet, et al: The Chamber will alert the officials to your event. Officials schedules often prevent them from attending; however, their offices will generally try to send someone to represent them.
- Supplies: The Chamber will bring the large ceremonial scissors and a blue ribbon for you to cut.
- Marketing & Promotion: The Chamber will assist you in promoting your Ribbon Cutting. This can be open to the public or small and intimate with only invited guests. That’s entirely up to you.