OPERATION FORWARD COVID-19
Phase-1 reopening businesses are required to fill out a state provided form for affirmation of safety guidelines before reopening. The guidelines are broken out by industry and can be found HERE. On that same page, business safety plan templates are provided. These plans do not need to be submitted to the state, but must be posted on premises and available for inspection by state and local officials.
Essential businesses must also complete the affirmation and create a business safety plan, but no forms are available from the state yet. Once the forms are available, we will publish them in this email.
An FAQ page has been released by Empire State Development regarding the reopening plans. That page can be found HERE.
Business Precautions: Each business and industry must have a plan to protect employees and consumers, make the physical work space safer and implement processes that lower risk of infection in the business.
- Adjust workplace hours and shift design as necessary to reduce density in the workplace
- Enact social distancing protocols
- Restrict non-essential travel for employees
- Require all employees and customers to wear masks if in frequent contact with others
- Implement strict cleaning and sanitation standards
- Enact a continuous health screening process for individuals to enter the workplace
- Continue tracing, tracking and reporting of cases
- Develop liability processes